Corona Dental are delighted to announce that we are working with the British Orthodontic Society, assisting with external PR and media communications.
The British Orthodontic Society ( https://www.bos.org.uk/ ) is a registered charity and originally came into existence on 1 July 1994 by the unification of the five existing national orthodontic societies. These founding societies were:
- The British Society for the Study of Orthodontics, founded in 1907, and the oldest national orthodontic society
- The Consultant Orthodontists Group, formed in 1964 to represent Orthodontic Consultants in the hospital service
- The Community Orthodontists Section of the British Association of Orthodontists, to represent community orthodontists
- The British Association of Orthodontists (“BAO”), established in 1965 to represent specialist orthodontic practitioners. The Community Orthodontists Section was founded in 1974 as the Association of Community Orthodontists, which then evolved into the Community Orthodontists Group and became affiliated to BAO in 1987, and changed its name in 1988
- The Association of University Teachers of Orthodontics, to represent orthodontic teachers
The Mission Statement of BOS says:
The Society strives to promote the study and practice of orthodontics, to maintain and improve professional standards in orthodontics and to encourage research and education in orthodontics. In doing so, BOS seeks to improve the quality of medical care for the benefit of patients. The charity’s ultimate beneficiaries are therefore patients, and benefits to patients are provided through the advancement of knowledge, practice and standards in the specialty.
Director of Corona Dental, Chris Baker commented, “we look forward to assisting the BOS across a wide range of platforms and to both internal and external audiences.”