I am quite sure that many of you have invested a lot of time and money in writing and designing a beautiful looking website that will impress and encourage potential patients.
But, can they find it? When you invested all that time and money in the website did you bear in mind the search engine optimisation (SEO) that would be needed for the site to be found? I think that many people assume that this is included in the building of a website and I can quite understand why. Whilst the way that a site is build will aid your SEO, it is not the full story. Post launch, time needs to be invested in:
- Link building
- Researching other websites in your area
- Researching search terms and what people are actually looking for (not what you think they are looking for)
- Submission to search engines and directories
- Regularly updated and relevant content
- Submission to Google Maps – even more important after recent Google changes
Another key point to make is that you may want to be found further afield eg. you are in Durham but would like to be displayed when people search across the North East. This is achievable but does require a concerted campaign of SEO.
If your website isn’t displaying as well as it might, why not give us a call on 0845 370 2211 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.